Mirikai Fashion Show

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mirikai Fashion Show

Molly Gangbar

This year marks the fifth BSS independent student-led fashion show. This year the fashion show will be championed by three event co-chairs from the graduating class, Jordan Royt, Daniella Gallay, and Kayla Benson. The fashion show committee is a dedicated team whose mandate is, “to advocate, raise, and spread awareness for youth charitable causes, and to inspire others to give back in small and personal ways.”  

This year the Mirikai Fashion Show will be in support of the charity Jordana’s Rainbows. Jordana was a beautiful young girl who received her angel wings too soon. Her journey began at SickKids in September of 2015 when she was diagnosed with a Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG). Jordana’s Rainbows is a charity that, “will seek ways to spread love and rainbows worldwide. Jordana loved rainbows and all that glittered. We will leave trails of her sparkle everywhere and bring awareness to DIPG and Pediatric cancer. We will strive to find a cure for DIPG and challenge the way we live by helping to spread love and live forever Jordana strong.”  This year, the students of Bishop Strachan School are excited to support Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma Research (DIPG) at SickKids, through Jordana’s Rainbows. One of the fashion show committee heads, Daniella Gallay, remarks, “we are so proud to be honouring such an amazing cause this year. Jordana’s Rainbows works to spread love and rainbows worldwide which is why we are incredibly honoured to be supporting them.”

The fashion show will be held on Thursday, May 3, 2018 at the beautiful Artscape Wychwood Barns located at: 601 Christie St, Toronto, ON. The show will include looks from Pink Tartan, Untitled & co, Yashel and Outhere. The evening program will be as follows:

6:00 pm Doors Open, Cocktail Reception

8:00 pm Remarks

8:20 pm Fashion Show starts

8:50 pm Cocktail Reception continues

10:30 pm Event concludes

This student-led fashion show is a night not to be missed! The committee team has dedicated time and energy to make the Mirikai Fashion Show a fabulous event. Each ticket for the fashion show is donated to support DIPG research at The Hospital for Sick Children and students’ attendance will have an important impact.  Brain tumours are the most common cause of childhood cancer death. DIPG has a grim prognosis, affecting children in their first decade of life. Surgery cannot cure these children and there is no effective drug treatment. There is an urgent need for research to better understand and to find a cure for these cancers. By buying a ticket and attending, students can make an impact and change the future for these children and their families.  

Tickets are available at this link: https://www.sickkidsdonations.com/registrant/TicketingCatalog.aspx?eventid=237728&langpref=en-CA&Referrer=https%3a%2f%2fwww.sickkidsdonations.com%2fregistrant%2fsessionExpired.aspx%3feID%3d237728%26lp%3den-CA